Res. Assist. Tuba AĞKAŞ E-Mail: [email protected]
Res. Assist. Tuba AĞKAŞ
E-Mail: [email protected]
Research Assistant: Apr. 2011-…, English Language and Literature, Hacettepe University
Research Assistant: Jan. 2011-Apr. 2011, Western Languages and Literatures, Çankırı
: 2010-..., English Language and Literature, Hacettepe University
: “The Evolution of David Hare’s Political Drama as Observed
in Fanshen (1975), The Secret Rapture (1988), and The Absence of
War (1993) with reference to the Contemporary Politics.”
Master of Arts
: 2008-2010, English Language and Literature, Fatih University
: “Deconstructive Technical Elements in Postcolonial Plays by Derek
Walcott and Caryl Phillips.”
Bachelor of Arts
: 2004-2008, English Language and Literature, Hacettepe University
2011 : English Language Certificate: C2 Level. ESE (European School of English), Malta
2007 : Pedagogical Formation Training Certificate: Faculty of Education, Hacettepe
Contemporary British Drama, Modern British Drama, Irish Drama, Contemporary American
Drama, Medieval Literature, Modern British Novel, Sixteenth-Century British Poetry
English (Excellent), German (Fair), French (Fair)
1. The Council of Higher Education (YÖK) Scholarship. Visiting Scholar at The University
of Texas at Austin, Texas/USA. August 2013-July 2014.
2. The Turkish Council of Scientific and Technological Research (TÜBİTAK)
Scholarship for PhD students in Turkey. Sept. 2010-…
3. Full Scholarship for MA degree, English Language and Literature, Fatih University,
İstanbul/Turkey. Oct. 2008 – June 2010.
1. Ağkaş, Tuba. “The Monk by Matthew Lewis: Beyond an Eighteenth Century ‘Gothic
Masterpiece.’” JBLC 17 (2010). 17-36. Print.
2. Ağkaş, Tuba and Cemal Karaata. “Pantomime in Two Acts and Writing back through
Hybridity.” Selçuk Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi 22 (2009): 15-22. Print.
1. Ağkaş, Tuba. “Slave at Home, Minority in the ‘Shelter’.” Studies in English:
Proceedings from the 6th International IDEA Conference. Ed. Patrick Hart. Istanbul:
Yazın, 2012. 41-53. Print.
1. Manley, Delarivier. From The Lost Lover; Or, The Jealous Husband, 1696. Çev. Tuba
Ağkaş. “‘Kayıp Aşık; ya da Kıskanç Koca’ Adlı Komediden.”. Ortaçağdan On
Yedinci Yüzyıla İngiliz Kadın Yazarlar. Ed. Deniz Bozer. Ankara: Hacettepe
Üniversitesi Yayınları, 2014. Print.
1. “War and WomenExplored in Historical Setting of Plenty (1978) by David Hare and
Pirinçler Yeşerecek (1969) by Sedat Veyis Örnek.” British and Turkish Literary and
Cultural Interactions. Hacettepe University, Ankara/Turkey, 12 - 14 May 2015.
2. “Marie de France’s representation of women in love in the face of what is proposed and
embodied by the Church authority.” (Re)Membering the Body: 21st Annual Conference
on Emerging Scholarship in Women's and Gender Studies. The University of Texas at
Austin, Austin, Texas/USA, 20 - 21 March 2014.
3. “Exploring animals’ right to live in relation to their rationality and their capability to use
human language as represented on Medieval stage of mystery plays.” Conference
entitled ‘Four-Footed Actors: Live Animals on the Stage.’ Universitat de València,
Valencia/Spain, 12 - 14 Dec. 2012.
4. “Challenge till the ‘End’: Women Making a Place for Their Own in the ‘Enlightened’ World
of Men.” 11th Conference of the European Society for the Study of English. Boğaziçi
University, Istanbul/Turkey, 4 - 8 Sept. 2012.
5. “Slave at Home, Minority in the ‘Shelter’.” 6th International IDEA Conference. Istanbul
Kültür University, Istanbul/Turkey, 13 - 15 Apr. 2011.
6. “Irish and Nigerian History on the Stage.” 5th International IDEA Conference. Atılım
University, Ankara/Turkey, 14 - 16 Apr. 2010.
7. “Survival with/out Integration?” Conference entitled ‘Facing the Past, Facing the Future.’
Bahçeşehir University, Istanbul/Turkey, 6 - 9 May 2009.
8. “Identifying the theme of ‘hybridity’ in different aspects of life through the technical
elements and the structure of the two acts in Derek Walcott’s Pantomime.” 4th
International IDEA Conference, Celal Bayar University, Manisa/Turkey, 15 - 17 Apr.
1. Student’s Representative at Graduate School of Social Sciences, Hacettepe University,
Ankara/Turkey (2012-2013 Academic year)
2. Directing Bir Kadın, Bir Düş, Bir Oyun, Department of English Language and
Literature, Hacettepe University, Ankara/Turkey (2012-2013 Academic year)
MLA: Modern Language Association (Member, Sept. 2013-…)
: The Best Conference Paper Award, “Identifying the Theme of ‘Hybridity’ in
Different Aspects of Life throough the Technical Elements and the Structure of
the Two Acts in Derek Walcott’s Pantomime.” 4th IDEA Conference. Celal
Bayar University, Manisa, Turkey. 15-17 Apr. 2009.
: Hacettepe University, Department of English Language and Literature, Second